Saturday, May 21, 2011

today

When I started this blog I wasn't sure where it would lead me, or if I would be able to truly let everyone into what is really going on. I use this blog as an outlet of sorts to give me something to look forward to on a daily basis, to be excited to share something or if I just need to get something off my chest. Well today, it is unavoidable....
A year...it's been the longest year of my life, but yet an entire blur realizing I have seemingly lost an entire year with little to no recognition of where it went.
A year and three months ago my life came crashing down, since the last time I saw my love, and a year since I was told I would never see him here on this earth again.


I still have days where I question if this is real, days when I turn the corner and feel like he will be sitting there, days where I wake up expecting him to be laying next to me.
But this is real, and I miss Greg even more as every day passes.
But I know I am luckier than most. I have experienced/felt true love and I would never give back those years of Greg in my life to erase the pain I am feeling now. So today I am going to the beach, the place that makes me feel so close to him.

"I carry your heart with me, (I carry it in my heart). I am never without it, anywhere I go, you go my dear…”

4 comments:

  1. It's been almost 4 years and I still have those days! We just have to keep our heads up, our hearts filled with that amazing love, and we'll survive this! Hugs and love dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over Mountains
    Over Trees
    Over Oceans
    Over Seas
    I'll be there

    In a whisper on the wind
    On the smile of a new friend
    Just think of me
    And I'll be there

    Don't be afraid, oh my love
    I'll be watching you from above
    And I'd give all the world tonight,
    To be with you
    Because I'm on your side,
    And I still care
    I may have died,
    But I've gone nowhere

    Just think of me,
    And I'll be there

    On the edge of a waking dream
    Over Rivers
    Over Streams
    Through Wind and Rain
    I'll be there

    Across the wide and open sky
    Thousands of miles I'd fly
    To be with you
    I'll be there

    Don't be afraid, oh my love
    I'll be watching you from above
    And I'd give all the world tonight,
    To be with you
    Because I'm on your side,
    And I still care
    I may have died,
    But I've gone nowhere

    Just think of me,
    And I'll be there

    In the breath of a wind that sighs
    Oh, there's no need to cry

    Just think of me,
    And I'll be there

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin