Thursday, November 10, 2011

Engagement Party

A little later than I expected to get this posted, but better late than never. This past weekend the first of many wedding festivities began for my bother, Brent, and his fiance, Amanda.
I took on the task of desserts and was really happy with how they turned out....
but I think I destroyed my brothers kitchen in the meantime
Chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream frosting
Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting

Brent and Amanda at the party
got to see family friends I don't get to see very often...
 Brent and Amanda chose the party to ask their wedding party. I loved my personalized wine bottle, such a cute idea (and I always love a good bottle of red wine)
It is a special thing to be a part of such a huge day for someone, and it means so much for Amanda to have included myself and my sister. 
the bridesmaids (minus one missing out of towner)...

....and yes if anyone noticed, another big event of the weekend, I chopped my hair off. It's taken some getting used to but I am beginning to really like it. I did it to donate to Locks of Love and I highly suggest doing this. You can't imagine how much something so little as donating your hair, can help someone.


1 comment:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin